Search This Blog

Monday, March 24, 2014

Poor Without God



Came across this honest quote below with no idea on who said it, but it speaks a pretty bold message.  It says:
“The poorest person in the world is not the one without a single coin in their hand, but the one without God in their life.”
The chosen words in this quote speaks truth in so many ways.  Some individuals believe that materialism or living the american dream is all they need in life and don't realize they need a Savior, a God.  Giving more focus to the things of this world instead of God easily lets evil defeat you which pushes you further away from God and the true riches that come with the gift of eternal life.

Believe me I am far from perfect, and have to work at beating sin in my life every day. However, I believe I am being perfected each day by God, and that gives me the hope I need to never give up and continue asking God to teach me how to love others and not get caught up in the material things or thinking of this world.  Being a better person then I was yesterday is what I strive for each day I am blessed to see a new.  Living without God is just something I cannot do because I know I would die for eternity without Him, and so will others if they don't seek to build a relationship with God and work at it daily.  Honestly, there is nothing like giving your life to God; and I pray that all those who do not have Him in theirs seek Him and let Him change them.  When you allow God to work change in your life, your actions will begin to reflect as an example of Christ overtime.  I say overtime, because transformation does not come about overnight they are small changes that gradually happen and develop you and you must be patient.  Daily development is built by trusting God, reading the Bible, Prayer and Serving others.

I hope that you enjoyed the quote and would stay a little longer to read the recommended bible examples below that I think fit well with the subject of being poor without God: “The Rich Man and Lazarus” and “The Son of Man Will Judge All People."  Also read the verses I included on why it’s important for us to give our lives to God.  May these bible verses bless anyone who reads them…much love to you! ♥


Jesus said, “There was a rich man who always dressed in the finest clothes. He was so rich that he was able to enjoy all the best things every day. There was also a very poor man named Lazarus. Lazarus’ body was covered with sores. He was often put by the rich man’s gate.  Lazarus wanted only to eat the scraps of food left on the floor under the rich man’s table. And the dogs came and licked his sores.

“Later, Lazarus died. The angels took him and placed him in the arms of Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried. He was sent to the place of death and was in great pain. He saw Abraham far away with Lazarus in his arms. He called, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me! Send Lazarus to me so that he can dip his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am suffering in this fire!’

“But Abraham said, ‘My child, remember when you lived? You had all the good things in life. But Lazarus had nothing but problems. Now he is comforted here, and you are suffering. Also, there is a big pit between you and us. No one can cross over to help you, and no one can come here from there.’

“The rich man said, ‘then please, father Abraham, send Lazarus to my father’s house on earth. I have five brothers. He could warn my brothers so that they will not come to this place of pain.’

“But Abraham said, ‘They have the Law of Moses and the writings of the prophets to read; let them learn from that.’

“The rich man said, ‘No, father Abraham! But if someone came to them from the dead, then they would decide to change their lives.’

“But Abraham said to him, ‘If your brothers won’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they won’t listen to someone who comes back from the dead.’”


“The Son of Man will come again with divine greatness, and all his angels will come with him. He will sit as king on his great and glorious throne. All the people of the world will be gathered before him. Then he will separate everyone into two groups. It will be like a shepherd separating his sheep from his goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

“Then the king will say to the godly people on his right, ‘Come, my Father has great blessings for you. The kingdom he promised is now yours. It has been prepared for you since the world was made. It is yours because when I was hungry, you gave me food to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I had no place to stay, you welcomed me into your home. When I was without clothes, you gave me something to wear. When I was sick, you cared for me. When I was in prison, you came to visit me.’

“Then the godly people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food? When did we see you thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you with no place to stay and welcome you into our home? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear? When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?’

“Then the king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you did for any of my people here, you also did for me.’

“Then the king will say to the evil people on his left, ‘Get away from me. God has already decided that you will be punished. Go into the fire that burns forever—the fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels. You must go away because when I was hungry, you gave me nothing to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me nothing to drink. When I had no place to stay, you did not welcome me into your home. When I was without clothes, you gave me nothing to wear. When I was sick and in prison, you did not care for me.’

“Then those people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty? When did we see you without a place to stay? Or when did we see you without clothes or sick or in prison? When did we see any of this and not help you?’

“The king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you refused to do for any of my people here, you refused to do for me.’

“Then these evil people will go away to be punished forever. But the godly people will go and enjoy eternal life.”


So I beg you, brothers and sisters, because of the great mercy God has shown us, offer your lives as a living sacrifice to him—an offering that is only for God and pleasing to him. Considering what he has done, it is only right that you should worship him in this way. Don’t change yourselves to be like the people of this world, but let God change you inside with a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to understand and accept what God wants for you. You will be able to know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect.

God has given me a special gift, and that is why I have something to say to each one of you. Don’t think that you are better than you really are. You must see yourself just as you are. Decide what you are by the faith God has given each of us. Each one of us has one body, and that body has many parts. These parts don’t all do the same thing. In the same way, we are many people, but in Christ we are all one body. We are the parts of that body, and each part belongs to all the others.

We all have different gifts. Each gift came because of the grace God gave us. Whoever has the gift of prophecy should use that gift in a way that fits the kind of faith they have. Whoever has the gift of serving should serve. Whoever has the gift of teaching should teach. Whoever has the gift of comforting others should do that. Whoever has the gift of giving to help others should give generously. Whoever has the gift of leading should work hard at it. Whoever has the gift of showing kindness to others should do it gladly.

Your love must be real. Hate what is evil. Do only what is good. Love each other in a way that makes you feel close like brothers and sisters. And give each other more honor than you give yourself. As you serve the Lord, work hard and don't be lazy. Be excited about serving him! Be happy because of the hope you have. Be patient when you have troubles. Pray all the time. Share with God’s people who need help. Look for people who need help and welcome them into your homes.

Wish only good for those who treat you badly. Ask God to bless them, not curse them. When others are happy, you should be happy with them. And when others are sad, you should be sad too. Live together in peace with each other. Don’t be proud, but be willing to be friends with people who are not important to others. Don’t think of yourself as smarter than everyone else.

If someone does you wrong, don’t try to pay them back by hurting them. Try to do what everyone thinks is right. Do the best you can to live in peace with everyone. My friends, don’t try to punish anyone who does wrong to you. Wait for God to punish them with his anger. In the Scriptures the Lord says, “I am the one who punishes; I will pay people back.”

But you should do this:

If you have enemies who are hungry, give them something to eat.
If you have enemies who are thirsty, give them something to drink.
In doing this you will make them feel ashamed.”
Don't let evil defeat you, but defeat evil by doing good.

References that inspired this post:

BibleGateway.com. (2013). Poor Without God. Retrieved from http://www.biblegateway.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Edification Blog™ Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger